SOL workshop personnel are engaged in building rally cars for over 15 years. It is a workshop based in Israel and various T2, T1, Group N and UTV models have been built there.
Today most of the activity is creating the new SOL buggy T1 model for customers who want to take part in FIA Rally Raids but for a reasonable price.
This vehicle has been developed for a year by a team of experienced race drivers and skilled engineers.
The whole designing process has been done using Solid software prior to the vehicle building.
In addition, SOL has also worked with Amos Boaz, he designed the exterior.
- 300 BHP BMW X5 engine, 3L diesel
- SADEV sequential 6 speed gearbox
- BMW M5 LSD differentials
- ORAM Shock absorbers
- Military standard electrical system
- AP racing brakes
- Hydraulic quicklift race jack
- Full carbon body
- Sparco safety equipment
- Plus some other stuff…
This car satisfies SOL’s main objectives, such as:
- Center of gravity as low as possible
- 50:50 weight distribution
- Equally important is the concentration of mass.
- Components of the car with high survivability and allowing high performance
- High stability and very good “turn in”
Sumed up, creating a balanced and competitive car. The guys are very happy with the results.
The car has not participated in an international race but the plan is to compete in Rally of Greece in May.
SOL workshop participated with various cars in FIA Rally races (Spain Baja, Portugal Baja, Trans Iberico Baja, Paris-Dakar and other major international races)
Among their accomplishes, 2nd place on Spain Baja and 1st place of Portugal Baja (both T2 category).
We’ll just wait and see if this beast is going to behave.
TEXT: Emilio Mocibob
PHOTO: SOL Rally Raid