These Defenders are homologated to FIA standards (T1) and are very competitive on other stage rallies and rally raid events and classes, such as the Dakar and the Africa Race.
All Bowler prepared Defenders have been modified for safety, performance and durability, and customers have the option of being supported by the Bowler Works team and Bowler Alliance Teams on race events.
It’s a true monster isn’t it? Well the price is also a monster, although for such a car… we could say it is acceptable – 50 000 £.
Bowler Defender Challenge Car Specification:
- Engine: 2.2 Litre Diesel
- Gearbox Standard 6-speed manual
- Power: Modified to 170 bhp by Bowler Motorsport
- Torque: 450Nm
- Lightweight 18” Bowler Motorsport wheels
- Control Kuhmo tyres
- Full MSA / FIA approved roll cage
- Lightweight racing seats and Bowler 6 point harnesses
- Intercom system (Peltor) and TerraTrip
- Plumbed in and hand held fire extinguisher system
- Improved steering lock
- Bowler door card replacements – improves elbow room
- Racing steering wheel
- Bowler suspension system – bespoke Bilstein dampers and bespoke springs, ARB’s, bushes and steering damper
- Bowler front bumper, steering guard, towing eyes and sill protectors
- MSA rally requirements such as engine cut off, auxiliary horn etc. MSA log book.
- Bowler engine tune – 170hp and 450Nm
- 3” race exhaust system
- Rally loom including relocated fuse box and 2 x Lazerlight auxiliary spotlights.
- Plus some other stuff
TEXT & PHOTO: Bowler Motorsport & Land Rover UK