Amazing performance from Peugeot once again. And Stage 4 was obviously the strongest one for them. Stephane Peterhansel won the stage, that was his 33rd stage win on four wheels. Sainz finished just behind him. Loeb was third, just 16 seconds behind Sainz.
It would be nice for Peugeot to dominate the Dakar rally 2016 to the end. Nevertheless, the Lion brand has already proven its performance and potential to burst the bubble of Toyota and Mini.
Former champions of the Dakar Rally – Nani Roma (2014) and Nasser Al-Attiyah (2011, 2015) are very surprised with Peugeots performance. They both agree it is impossible to overtake the buggy on straight lines. Driver experience will be of utmost importance to beat them. According to their theory, Loeb shouldn’t be a problem. But 11 time winner Stephane Peterhansel and his teammate Carlos Sainz (champion in 2010) won’t let it happen.
Nasser finished the 4th stage on 4th place, he proves his experience. But the Mini just isn’t up to the task.
So this brings us to the overall results: We have four Peugeots in Top 10. All four Overdrive Toyotas are also in Top 10. But there’s only two Axion X-Raid Minies.
- 314 Sebastien Loeb / Daniel Elena – Peugeot
- 302 Stephane Peterhansel / Jean-Paul Cottret – Peugeot
- 300 Nasser Al-Attiyah / Matthieu Baumel – Mini
- 319 Leeroy Poulter / Robert Howie – Toyota
- 303 Carlos Sainz / Lucas Cruz – Peugeot
- 301 Giniel de Villiers / Dirk von Zitzewitz – Toyota
- 315 Mikko Hirvonen / Michel Perin – Mini
- 321 Cyril Despres / David Castera – Peugeot
- 311 Bernhard ten Brinke / Tom Colsoul – Toyota
- 307 Vladimir Vasilyev / Konstantin Zhiltsov – Toyota